Once the decision as to which Second Additional Language will be introduced at your school has been made, it is imperative to find suitable resources that will support teaching staff in assisting learners to meet the outcome requirements of the curriculum.
The focus of the Second Additional Language as stated in the CAPS document in the Foundation Phase, from Grade 1, is oral skills. The expectation is that learners should learn to greet and respond to greetings, sing songs, recite simple poetry, and play oral games to assist them with building vocabulary. A good foundation of oral skills will prepare them for the intermediate phase, where learners will be expected to experience the language at a deeper level by reading, and applying their understanding of language structures and conventions in written communication.
Introducing any new subject at your school can be a daunting task. Simply Everything Gifts & Stationery can assist in minimising the challenge of sourcing resources to aid educators and learners to attain these Second Additional Language objectives. Simply Everything aims to assist schools with the task of procurement of resources to fulfill academic and non-academic targets by distributing a wide range of products from various publishers and suppliers.
An overview of Second Additional Language Foundation Phase Resources can be viewed by clicking here. If any information for other phases is required, please visit our website www.simplyeverything.co.za or contact us to discuss your requirements, using one of the mediums below:
Call 011 974 5005
Email us (Click to email)
Online Chat (Click to access)
Whatsapp 083 612 0155
Documents (from education.gov.za):
- CAPS document SAL Foundation Phase (in English) – PDF
- CAPS document SAL Foundation Phase – in Other Languages
- Language in Education Policy (LiEP) – PDF
- Incremental Introduction of African Languages (IIAL) – PDF
- Other Policy Documents
- Big Books and Workbooks (from www.education.gov.za)
- Grade R – isiZulu (from www.thutong.doe.gov.za)
- IsiZulu and IsiXhosa Resouces (from www.teacha.co.za)
- African Storybook (from www.digitalclassroom.co.za)
- Workbooks (from www.education.gov.za)
This content was provided by Simply Everything Gifts & Stationery.