We asked the organisers to give us more details:
What is DTOE Conference about?
This is a two-day journey to demystify tablets, embrace internet access, learn about e-books, various digital learning platforms, simulations, interactive classrooms and other technologies that support the learning process from the perspective of the teacher.
Technology is essential in the current learning environment and the correct use of it is key to an engaging learning experience and should be embraced, not feared. The intent of this conference is to provide a balanced view on the use of technology in the classroom and to ensure that it always serves the requirements of the learning process, the learner, and the teacher.
Who should attend
The conference has three tracts that make it incredibly practical for your position at the school:
- Management tract for School Principals and Members of governing bodies
- Technical tract for Teachers responsible for IT
- Educator tract for Educators who want to practically bring tech into their classroom
What can one expect
- Be energized and inspired through local and global examples.
- Encouraged by hearing from fellow teachers and educators.
- Enabled by seeing practical examples that can be used almost immediately.
- Assist schools in planning for their transition into this new technology-enabled world and also empower educators by providing hands-on experience in using devices.
Who are the speakers?
- Debbie Schäfer: Minister of Education in the Western Cape
- Dr. Antoinette van der Merwe: Senior Director for Learning and Teaching Enhancement at US
- Brian Schreuder: Deputy Director-General: Curriculum and Assessment Management Western Cape Education Department
- Karen Walstra (Google for Education – Students for a better Future)
- Industry thought leaders
Which other schools are attending?
A vast variety of private, pre-primary, high and technical schools will join us. To give you an idea: schools like Rhenish GHS, Herzlia School, HTS Bellville, Hermanus Pre-Primary; Emfundiweni Pre-school will be attending.
When and where
Date: 28 – 29 April 2016 at NH Lord Charles Hotel, Somerset West, Cape Town.
Full details at www.dtoe.co.za
Registration contact person: Yolandi van der Wath on firstname.lastname@example.org cell: 082 325 3053
Registration Fee: R2 500 per delegate, including a social event
Group Discount: R2 300 per delegate if more than 3
Late Registration: R2900 Price per delegate after 31 March 2016
What SchoolAdvisor thinks
Having a look at the conference programme, finding out about the organisers and on seeing what they plan to do: we believe this will be a practical hands-on conference that will give you real life skills to bring tech into your classroom and school in a practical way.
We really like that the conference has 3 tracts that you can choose from, making it relevant to your role at the school.